May 29, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner



Two days before the rehearsal dinner our backyard neighbor decided to drain his pool--into our yard! Chuck noticed the "waterfall" coming from under the fence and yelled at the men cleaning the pool to stop.  The pool workers ignored him. Chuck jumped in the car and drove around the block, jumped out and pulled the pump cord out of the plug. Unfortunately, a lot of water had already been drained into our yard. Their response was, "no damage done, it will evaporate, we always drain into adjoining yards, etc....". I wanted to cry!


Friday evening at the rehearsal at the hall. Bronson was best man and Katie was Maid of Honor. 


Practicing to get married.


While we were at the rehearsal, our friends and family were setting up the dinner in the backyard. I had already made some little lavendar sachets as thank you gifts and decorated the bubble bottles with purple ribbons to use as table decorations.


I mainly used flowers from my backyard as centerpieces. I made some placecards that said "Love is in Bloom. Welcome to the Wedding of Joel & Patrice".


I also made miniture candy bars to  scatter on the tables.  Everything was in lavender since that was Patrice's wedding color.


Mom and Ezra.


Me and Joel.


My Mom and Dad.


The guests start to arrive.


Our wonderful friends Jesse, Shanda, Lindsey & Lydia did most of the cooking. We can never repay them for all the hard work they did or thank them enough. 


We had ribs, ham, coleslaw, baked beans, texas toast, bread pudding and peach cobbler. All home made.


We set up an open bar on the deck.


Some of our guests listening to Joel give a speech thanking them for coming. Joel had about 32 guests from New York and Connecticut travel to the wedding.


Patrice's grandmother, father and mother.


Friends.






Patrice and friends.


I didn't take any pictures at the wedding.  I just decided to enjoy myself and didn't want to have to keep track of my camera.  I did take this one picture of Joel getting ready for the wedding. Andrea is shaving his neck!

Here's a link to pictures taken by my sister Angela:

No comments: