I always start with the best of intentions and then lose interest in my projects. I haven't published anything to my poor blog in several months so I decided to start 2012 with a post of some of my favorite pictures from 2011...
I took this picture this summer when Chuck and I went storm chasing. We were behind the storm and never really caught up to it but I did take this pretty picture of a double rainbow over a hayfield. The live view was way prettier...
I took this picture looking up at a giant tree on the "other place" (the family name for the section of Grandma and Grandpa Summers farm that was separate from the homestead). The tree is hollow and may have fell over by the next time I have a chance to visit it. I just like the perspective...
One of my best pictures taken of Ezra in front of Grandpa Rice's barn. I like his serious look and hands inside the overalls...
Another picture taken at my Grandpa Rice's farm. I like Ezra's bored expression and head on his hands...
Ez and friend inside a tractor wheel...
Another Ez...
Ez and my Dad...
On the way home from the farm, we stopped near KCI and let Ez sit on top of our van and watch planes land. I like this shot...
My dog dressed up like a lion. This picture probably raises a lot of questions about my sanity...
One of my favorite pictures of the year. I am almost directly below a funnel cloud looking up into it. This picture definately raises questions about sanity...
The funnel cloud as it moved down the street...
Another shot of the funnel. The rotation was amazing...
My best picture of Landry. I like it because her crib sheet made such a great background to her outfit...
My best kid shot of 2011. Ez and his cat, Mao, spooning during a nap...
Chuck gave me a new camera for our anniversary. This is the first picture I ever took where I got the water to blur. This waterfall is part of a series of waterfalls in Connecticut near Joel and Patrice's home called "Kent Falls...
I'm not saying these are the best waterfall pictures in the world, I'm just saying you can't understand my excitement to learn this technique...
My old camera also could not take close up shots. This is my very first micro shot of a ladybug on a piece of grass in front of a pond...
This is my prettiest picture of 2011. I took it near Omaha, Nebraska when Chuck had to go see a doctor at the University of Nebraska. It is untouched. A very beautiful sky...
I find this an intersting picture. Who knew elephants had such long eyelashes...
This picture is just pure whimsy. I took it at the Kansas City Zoo. The leopard seemed so intent on watching the air tram. I wish he wasn't in shadows and had turned his head slightly...
This is a picture I took of the only covered bridge in Minnesota. I like the fall leaves against the bright red of the bridge...
Chuck had to take a business trip to Le Center Minnesota this fall. I tagged along. While he was at a meeting, I drove over to see this covered bridge. I climbed way out on a branch to take this picture. I keep thinking how sad it would be if I fell in and died and poor Chuck never knew what had happened to me...
This picture was also taken in Minnesota. I find it striking and like it quite a bit. I like the splash of color here and there...
Another Minnesota picture. I like the curve of the old bridge...
This is another techical first. The moving object is stationary and the background is blurred. This took a lot of practice to accomplish and I am still trying to learn the technique...
More technical pictures. I find night pictures especially frustrating. Chuck took me down to the Plaza on a date one night and patiently stood around in the cold while I practiced night shots...
This is one of those pictures that just make you go ahhhh. Ez saying his prayer before breakfast...
The sadness of Joplin. Pictures cannot capture it...
This is the same truck as above. It sat on a small hilltop overlooking what was once a neighborhood of homes. All that was left was the concrete pads the houses had stood upon. The landscape was wiped clean as far as the eye could see...
Ezra as Mr. Potato Head...
Cute picture of Ez and Marlowe with a sunlight halo...






















No comments:
Post a Comment