December 15, 2007

Ice Storm

We lost power for about a day so we just camped out in our living room. Chuck bought a battery-powered, lantern plus I had a kerosene lantern so at least we had light. The gas fireplace kept the living room about 90 degrees and the rest of the house about 60 degrees.

These buffalo are about a mile from our house. I stopped and took their picture today while it was still snowing.


We live about two blocks from Lake Shawnee. There were lots of geese on the lake today when I drove by so I stopped and took a couple of pictures.




After it stopped raining, Chuck drove me down to the Lake to take some pictures. It was too treacherous to walk. The ice made for some very pretty pictures.





There is lots of damage like this around town.





This little sparrow found some shelter under our bird feeder while it was still raining.

Our cat Howard really suffered during the storm.




Below is a video of the cracking ice:



No comments: